Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Archived Newsletter VII - May 3, 2007

Dearest Friends:

Below is a letter that I received from William Lee Rand for clarification on the FDA controversy that many of you have emailed and asked me about. I hope that it proves to be helpful; however, I'm sure that we haven't heard the end of this.

Since this is a newsletter, I should include some other "tidbits" of information since there are never enough minutes and hours in the day to share with you. So, hang on....

I'm sorry that I couldn't be here last weekend but I was in San Diego teaching a Reiki I class. The Universe, in its all-knowingness, chose that date; thus, I continue to surrender in joy and gratitude. Sometimes it reminds me of when I was a soccer mom, but believe me, my son would have never been an ODP (Olympic Development Player) if I wouldn't have learned to surrender and go with the flow of its schedule, which included all major holidays.

We all learn "core" and foundational information from our teachers but then we grow and develop our own authentic path. Five years ago I was not where I am now, and five years from now I will be in yet another place. It's amazing how our journey unfolds; believe me, there is always something new around the next corner. My First Degree Reiki teacher was DiDi Otterson, who was a student of Denise Crundall. Denise was one of Beth Gray's two Reiki Masters. DiDi is why I have an inside perspective about this lineage, why I appreciate Denise Crundall, and why I include her poem "Togetherness" in my First Degree manual. I have spent many hours channeling with Reiki practitioners and Masters from this lineage because Mrs. Takata taught Beth Gray how to channel with Reiki symbols (I include an article about Beth in my Second Degree manual that was published in Reiki News). DiDi is the one who directed me to clairvoyant Walter MaKichen who had been her spiritual teacher for over 20 years. In all honesty, his clairvoyant abilities are like nothing I've ever seen, and he recently published the one-of -its-kind book Spirit Babies. The one-on-one mentoring I received from Walter has been invaluable to me because I had to learn how to manage being an open channel--bombarded with information. My Second Degree teacher was Grace Sesma, who was in the Reiki lineage of Barbara Ray Weber. Grace has also been a lifelong student of Grandfather Kachora, who is a Yaqui Medicine Man and Toltec Lineage Holder---now 92 years of age--one of the most beloved and revered healer in Mexico and known throughout the world. I learned so much from Grace about healing among the Indigenous First Nations, Peoples and Communities, and I have a growing appreciation every single day of that knowledge. Now that I am "in love" with Young Living Essential Oils, I appreciate Grandfather Kachora's love for plants, and in his words, "The way to the spirit is through an appreciation and knowledge of plants. The way to the infinite is through the experience of the infinite whole." In a future newsletter I will include a picture of me with Jesus Gonzales Mercado, Huichol, a now 85 year old shaman from the Huichol community of Tuxpan de Bolanos, Jalisco. I guarantee that you will laugh....his bonnet with feathers, tied under his chin is the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

Someone has asked--so yes, I have done hemi-sync training but as I told my Reiki Master teacher, I will never teach it, which is why you don't hear me talk about it or the metaphysical training that he acquired at the Monroe Institute. If you are interested in the Monroe Institute you'd be interested in Cosmic Awareness. However, it simply is not my path. I know that my purpose in this life is to be in my body helping other people in their body, which can be challenging for people who are working with high vibrational frequencies and struggling to stay grounded. Grounding is a very big challenge for many, if not most, of my students, and the solution is NOT astral projection. Trust me. I believe in the dharma truth that to acquire a precious body is indeed a rare gift, and we should utilize that body as a vehicle to help all sentient beings. I have taken Bodhisattva Vows many times to do just that. When we reach enlightenment, we will have endless time to zoom around timeless space without a body but in the meantime, the body is a tool to get us there. Let's not put the cart before the horse. I also made a huge shift from metaphysical training to spiritual development (there is a difference) after spending time with Thich Nhat Hanh, the Dalai Lama, Khenpo Choga Rinpoche, and my other teachers, primarily Lama Ole Nydahl and His Holiness the 17th Karmapa, Trinley Thaye Dorje. They are my living examples of human potential, and being in their enlightened energy fields brings tears to my eyes. I learned last week that in November I will be returning to India in pilgrimage while His Holiness the 17th Karmapa is in Bodhgaya, where the Buddha reached Enlightenment. If I decide to remain under the Bodhi tree until I attain Enlightenment, I will send an email or instant message. :-)

There again, remember that there are many different airlines to select from in order to arrive at a destination. If there are diving boards all around a swimming pool, you can jump off different diving boards to get into the pool. The important thing is to get into the pool--not how you get there. As I did, you will discover the tools that work best for you. And don't worry about developing your siddhis and psychic abilities! It unfolds and develops, especially the more that you meditate and practice Reiki. You'll find that you can even be "too" psychic. As a friend said to me last week when he couldn't hide something from me: "It's so unnerving." :-) So---enjoy the process---in joy and gratitude.

Boundless Love and Light,
Carol
Copyright @ 2007 by Carol A. Wilson

April 27, 2007

Information on FDA ruling not factual

Dear Students of Reiki,

Recently there have been many emails circulating on the internet warning about a new ruling the FDA is about to create that would threaten the practice of Reiki and other complementary practices making it illegal to practice unless you’re a medically licensed health care provider. The emails have also said that our right to use vitamins and herbs will also be threatened by this new ruling so that they will only be available by a doctor’s prescription and even then at very low dosages. People have been asked to protest this ruling by sending emails to the FDA by April 30.

This information is not based on fact. The practice of Reiki isn’t being threatened by any proposed FDA ruling, nor is our right to access vitamins and herbs. The information passed around on the Internet has for some reason been distorted and misrepresented.

In December 2006, the FDA issued a guidance document that commented on an existing ruling. They are not proposing anything new. To summarize part of the existing ruling, it indicates that if a vitamin, herb or food manufacturer states that their product will cure an illness, that manufacturer must first get permission from the FDA before making such a statement. The same is true for any practice such as Reiki. If a Reiki practitioner claims that Reiki will cure an illness, then the practitioner must get permission from the FDA before making that claim. 

The National Health Freedom Coalition has reviewed this issue and written a clarification document that I suggest you read for further information. Look specifically at points 5 and 6. http://www.nationalhealthfreedom.org/AlertFDAguidanceDoc.html

Here’s the link to the FDA document http://www.fda.gov/cber/gdlns/altmed.pdf

Sincerely,
William Lee Rand,
President, The International Center for Reiki Training

No comments:

Post a Comment